Ok ladies. Are you "over" men telling you that you are abnormal because you have no libido? Well, to you and all those men…….STOP!
Libido for women is a complicated beast. The sexual experience for women requires a balance between the emotional and the physical that can not be so readily explained.
In my practice, the most common denominator I see in women having sexual issues relating to libido is length of time in the relationship. Combine this with factors such as motherhood and menopause and you have the top three reasons women may experience a reduction in their sexual drive. After a day of cooking, cleaning, carpools, work, homework, and grocery shopping………who wants to “do it”!?
Ladies, do you think it abnormal if , after such a day, you do not wish to run on the treadmill or lift a few weights? No? I think not. It is time to adjust your thinking.
What about you, our dear men? After a hard day at work and putting the kids to bed, do you jump on the stairmaster for a round of cardio? No? Perhaps you should see your doctor because surely you are abnormal.
How do we fix it?
Well.............stay tuned but please share your thoughts!
Dr. Kelly

6 comments:
I am interested in what you recommend as a solution for both parties. I get that communication is key, but as you stated it has to be a combination - communication for the mental, but what for the physical?
What a great site! I'm so glad to see this topic being discussed out in the open(or in private online)To point out the obvious, I think that balance is key with everything in life. As much as we'd like to ignore this topic and continue to 'sweep', I'd like to agree that both exercise and sex are equally important for both men and women. Don't you feel good after both? I know it's hard just getting to the gym but once your done, you feel glad you did it. Right? And sex...same thing. You go through the motions of, Oh I'm not in the mood, I'm tired, the kids, blah blah blah but then once you get over yourself and get into it, it's not so terrible. Plus you're reconnecting with your partner who is more likely to be happy and then you're happy which then maintains the strength in the relationship which really is the most important thing here 'especially' if you have children. The chores can wait. So now the question is, how do we stay motivated and focused on what makes us "feel good" instead of concentrating on the mundane tasks of life? I mean, why do we put these tasks/chores so high on the priority list? When we pass on, will our tombstones read, "honored for his/her ability to do the laundry"? I think not...
Excellent point! Keep in mind..............in all realtionships, the excitement fades. It does!! Accept it. Is it better to lose all you know in search of the romance and excitement of a new relationship just to have it become a sexual chore?
Well Dr. My husband wants sex all the time and I am having an affair with another man and I believe he may be gay also. I saw him making out with the pool guy the other day. What do I do because Im 57 and this guy Im doin is 21 and he is hung like a horse?????
well i feel the same way. My husband wants it all the time to. Except he likes to dress up like superman or batman and pretend hes a superhero. The other day I caught him hanging from a tree humping it in his superman costume. Whats a woman to do?
OMG I feel so much better know I can talk here. Thank you for having this open forum Dr. Might I add that I am 47 and I want sex all the time. I cant get enough. The other day I found myseld doing it with the bag guy from publix. Help...
Post a Comment