Saturday, April 4, 2009

Acting like You're in the Mood Can Help You Get in the Mood

Here is the thing. I recognized anew today that we can create in ourselves whatever emotion or desire we choose. Have you ever woken up on the wrong side of the bed in the morning with no idea why? Well, what I do in these situations is to make myself smile and say a cheerful "hello" to the first few people I see. And guess what? My mood changes and I feel happy.

Can't the same be true of sex? Even if you do not feel sexy or in the mood, act like you are and you WILL BE! It is such a simple concept in theory but, for whatever reason, it is difficult to put into practice. Perhaps the key word here is practice.

Some may wonder why I put so much time into this one topic. The answer is simple. I speak to women in my gynecologic practice every day, and this is the subject they bring up to me more than any other.

I often think about ways I can help them but, in truth, they must help themselves. I simply hope to give them the awareness of the power they have to change this part of their lives. It is a choice ladies.

No comments: