Friday, April 17, 2009

Suggestions for Him to Help Get You in the Mood

It occurs to me that some of my comments should be directed to the men in our lives. The trick is getting him to read and obey! :)

I can aid women in how to change their sex lives and improve their relationship because I have been there. My suggestions to men can only be based on endless conversations with friends on the subject. As a gynecologist I get little time to counsel men in such a setting.

What I can say is this....................please stop telling us we are abnormal. I have mentioned this is previous posts. I don't want to belabor the point.

Also, even if you admit it to know one, consider the idea that women are called upon to multi-task on a daily basis. Even in my own relationship (where no kids are involved), I feel as though I have to completely coordinate the minute and not so minute details of the daily lives of two people.

When did you become helpless? It is simple, if you want sex on a regular basis, relieve the burden on our lives on a regular basis. If this is too much for you (which may be the case as men are less able to multi-task typically), then PLEASE! Do not hassle us for not having everything done and being in the mood.

Example, my boyfriend in a matter of five minutes asked me to:

1. Calculate some figures ( he could have done this).
2. Finds his keys (hmm!).
3. Get ready to go and be ready in 15 minutes.
4. Put his surf clothes in the wash (now).

And he wanted me to get all pretty for our night out. Hey! I love that we went out and I did not have to cook but it was him that kept us on the beach until late in the day and leaving no time for getting pretty. Does anyone else out there relate to this?

REALLY?? The funny thing is...he wanted it all done simultaneously. This is a small example of the reality of our life together. And he wants me to be in a great mood and ready for sex at the snap of a finger? Are you kidding me?

Funny thing is, I followed my own advice and DID it anyway! And guess what? It was nice. That does not take away from the fact that men have unrealistic expectations of women.

The other fact is.........we as women created this illusion that we were at their beck and call. Think back. When you first got together, how often did you say no? How often did you cook a meal for him when you know you hate to cook? Did you iron his shirts with a silly grin on your face because this beautiful creature allowed you to iron HIS shirt. Ah. Swoon!

Ladies:
Don't pretend to be a superwoman because sooner or later, your powers will wear this and he won't understand why all of a sudden he has to fend for himself int he cruel hard world. Be who you are from the very beginning. Say no!! Most likely, he will be OK with it. If not, why would yo bother? Don't sell yourself short.

Men:
Be patient. Be kind. And think about pencilling your self in between the laundry, cooking, grocery shopping, kids baths, paying bills, and carpools. Or better yet, take on some of these chores and let us take a bath, fix our hair, and do our nails. Maybe then we can be the woman you fell in love with.

No comments: